It’s almost happy new year time, but in the remaining days of 2017, let’s set you up for great success in 2018. How are we going to do that? First, with some down time. Second, by writing everything down – what you write, you can commit yourself to accomplish.
- In these last days of 2017, take time to refresh and evaluate. Look back at the previous year. What worked in 2017? What worked really well? Take time to celebrate your successes. Then, what did you struggle with? What didn’t work? What additional training do you need to strengthen your strengths and improve in the weak areas that are most essential for your business success? What is most important for your personal and business success in 2018?
- Keep your planning realistic. What will help you most is what you can actually accomplish. Other goals and objectives can be self-defeating. Set goals that are realistic and attainable. I personally believe in SMART goals. Use SMART goals in your planning for best results.
- What can you do in January that will set the pace for your first quarter and full year? Start with your priorities and set your goals from your priorities. A great way to do this is to start with your big picture goals and then break them down into workable shorter term plans. Put a first quarter plan together and break it down to monthly goals. Break your monthly plan down to weekly goals with action steps, review those goals and action steps at the start of every week and work toward accomplishing them day to day.
- What major projects are you planning for 2018? Space these out according to how heavy a priority they are in your total business flow and how long they will take. Which one do you want to accomplish first, second, third…
- What habits and routines do you need to build into your life to succeed? If your business is not at the center of your 24/7, how will you carve out the time necessary to achieve your business goals? You can turn your hopes and dreams into accomplishments if you have the discipline necessary to create a plan and work that plan until you have found the success that you dream about. The Seven Habits of Highly Successful People has been an inspiration to millions of people – this might be a great place for you to start.
- What bad habits do you need to break in order to succeed? First, attack some of the reasons for bad habits like stress and boredom. How can you manage your stress in a healthier way? How can you add healthy practices into your life in order to kill the boredom? Replace your bad habits with good ones, like the ones you considered under #4 above.
- What job skill can you learn in January that will pay dividends for the entire year? Build training time into your January schedule for this.
- What job skill would be most beneficial to improve? Build time into your schedule for this too.
Finally, some inspirational words from Zig Ziglar:
What would you add to this New Year Quick Start Guide? I welcome your comments and questions, and your likes and shares.