Pinterest, like Instagram, is a visual medium that can be used effectively for marketing. A plus for those who don’t use a tablet or cell phone for uploading content is that you can post to Pinterest from your computer. Why use Pinterest for marketing?
Pinterest has over 100 million active users of 176 million registered users, according to DMR. 85% of Pinterest users are female and 42% of women online use Pinterest, while only 13% of men online use Pinterest.
Should you use Pinterest for marketing your business? With the preponderance of women on Pinterest, if your product is geared toward women, you should definitely be marketing on Pinterest. If your product would be of interest to women, you should be marketing on Pinterest. Here are 12 tips for doing so:
- Put your business name as your profile name. If you have a Pinterest account, you can change your profile name to your business name.
- Use the “About you” section of your profile to tell people who you are and what your business is about.
- Make sure that you put your business website URL in your profile.
- Create boards that relate to your business and use short, descriptive titles to drive prospects to your website. Use your business name wherever you can do so.
- Connect your Pinterest account to your Facebook and Twitter accounts for maximum exposure. This is how you do this, according to Pinterest:
- From your profile click the bolt button.
- Pick or scroll down to Social Networks.
- Change Log in with Facebook or Connect with Twitter to Yes.
- When prompted, allow Pinterest to access your account.
- Click Save Settings when finished.
- Repinning great content from others helps you to build a network on Pinterest. When you pin someone else’s content, they get notified, and another person, the person from whom you have repinned, is introduced to you.
- Use images in your website blogging that you or others can pin to Pinterest. Crisp, attractive pictures that touch people emotionally work best for Pinterest and your blog.
- Use keywords for you pins that relate to your business – this is one way to target who will find your pins.
- Create a widget at your WordPress website to feature your most recent pins. You can do this with this widget: http://wordpress.org/plugins/pinterest-rss-widget/
- If you are creating your own products, also create boards for each of your products.
- Create a testimonials board. You can send people to this board to help them see how valuable your products and services are.
- Use Pinterest for promotions and contests.
Those are my top 12 tips; what would you add? How are you currently using Pinterest for your business and what has Pinterest meant for your business? As always, I welcome your comments and shares!