Last week, Jon Morrow of Serious Bloggers Only sent out an email that got me thinking. He titled it “5 Blog Design Tweaks That’ll Skyrocket Your Traffic.” Who isn’t interesting in skyrocketing traffic? Jon’s thoughts are simple, effective, and things that you can do right now to improve the traffic to your website.
- Fewer Higher Res images. These cause your website to load slower and that negatively affects your search engine optimization. Google ranks slow-loading sites lower than faster loading sites.
- Floating Share buttons. This is a great way to encourage your readers to share your content with their network. Sharing is how content goes viral and floating share buttons enable your readers to easily share your content.
- Fewer Widgets and Plug-Ins. Don’t make things too complicated. Simplicity really does work and complications confuse. It helps to keep the main thing the main thing on your website, whatever the main thing is for your business. Avoid clutter.
- A Feature Box in the Header. A feature box is where you offer your lead magnet. You may notice my feature box to the right and below my header.
- Simplify Your Header and Navigation. You may also notice that I have only three navigation buttons below my header. Again, simplicity works and complication confuses.
Those are Morrow’s five design tips. What can you do right now to improve your business website?