The truth about the easiest entry point for internet marketing.
Just this week I got an email with the subject line “Why affiliate marketing is a waste of time.” Tell that to those who have become millionaires through affiliate
Without question, affiliate marketing is the easiest way to start an online business, but a number of voices are crying out in the digital wilderness saying that affiliate marketing is dead. I received an email from Dan Craig that proclaimed “One thing you have to know
Later in the same email, Dan says “No matter how many hours you ‘hustle and grind’, it’s NEVER coming back to life.”
His angle was to pitch “the New Way.”
Eric Gyepes asks “Is Affiliate Marketing Dead Again in 2018?” His answer? “Affiliate marketing is not dead (at least for now).”
How about in 2019? Here are the numbers: Forester Consulting reports that there’s $6.8 billion up for grabs in affiliate marketing… … and that market is growing over 10% a year. Does that sound dead to you? Of course not.
The truth is the internet has grown to 4 billion users and it will continue to grow. Forester Consulting is right – affiliate marketing will grow as more internet users are added.
What is affiliate marketing?
Simply put, affiliate marketing is a means of earning commissions by promoting someone else’s products and services. Every time the seller makes a sale from people you’ve sent to them, you make a commission. You can use whatever legitimate means necessary to drive leads and customers to the offers of those you represent as an affiliate marketer.
Why become an affiliate marketer?
1. Because you can start part-time in your spare time and build into a full-time, lucrative business, or you can stay part-time and enjoy extra income without a full-time commitment.
2. No need for expensive brick and mortar. With affiliate marketing, you don’t have to maintain a storefront or warehouse that steals money from your bottom line.
3. With affiliate marketing, you can set your own hours and be your own boss. You can work as much or as little as you want. There are affiliate marketers who are now millionaires from a few hours of work a day.
You can create a business that you love, not one that someone else has designed for you. Others will help you, but you are the person in charge who makes affiliate marketing what you want it to be for you!
4. Affiliate marketing is really about helping others. If your motive is to manipulate people to create sales, please don’t become an affiliate marketer. On the other hand, if you can view affiliate marketing as a means to connect others with great products that will benefit them, then join the club!
How many businesses do you know that you can start for $5.17. That’s right. That’s what it cost me to start Irresistible Influence Marketing, and you can start affiliate marketing for even less.
I started with my domain, web hosting, and one month of AWeber. You could start your business for FREE. That’s right. Your first month of AWeber will cost you nothing. Forget the domain and
Choose your niche, sign up for a free trial month with AWeber, build your email list on AWeber through free social media, and offer products and services from your niche to your list. Where do you find products that you can sell as an affiliate marketer? Many people start with Clickbank.
There are billions of dollars exchanged for products and services online and your slice of that ginormous pie depends on just a few things.
What You Need to Succeed in Affiliate Marketing
- Do you have good products and services that are in demand? In other words, are you selling what people need or want?
- Have you found a target audience that is receptive to what you have to sell? Not everyone on the internet is going to be interested in what you have to offer, but that’s okay. Find your target audience and you’ll find your buyers.
- Third, and this is where many affiliate marketers mess up, is your marketing helping your prospects see the value of your products and services? You can have a great product and the perfect target audience, but without compelling marketing, you might as well burn your money in a fireplace.
- Reviews and testimonials are still a powerful force for affiliate marketers. Request a review copy before you start promoting a product, use it, and write up the pros and cons.
The Essential Skill
Copywriting is the number one skill that separates the affiliate marketing millionaires from those who can’t find the formula for success with affiliate marketing. Affiliate marketing wannabes cut and paste swipe files from sellers, but what happens when the same email ends up in your prospect’s email box? What reason do they have to buy from you and not the other emailer with the identical swipe file?
There’s only one way I know – you can offer better incentives like free bonuses, and I know plenty of affiliate marketers who do this. But, do you have attractive and valuable freebies to offer your list? If not, you’re just another emailer hawking the same product.
Here’s another way to stand out from the crowd – write your own emails. Don’t have time for that? How about this – rewrite the swipes given to you by the product creators, and personalize it to really make it from you. This can work. Think about it. You’ve got a great product, you know your target audience, but the sales aren’t rolling in. Why?
Let’s analyze why not. First, are your headlines and subject lines getting people to pay attention to what you have to offer? Is there anything worse than having the same subject line as one or more other affiliate marketers? That’s a sure sign of a newbie wannabe. Click here to discover how to create killer headlines that stop your prospects cold and get them to consume your copy.
Trigger Words are high emotion words that move people to take action. See what having an arsenal packed with over 700 trigger words and phrases to stir emotions and compel action for your business would mean by clicking here.
Are your calls to action not compelling any action? If you’re not getting enough leads and not closing enough sales, your calls to action aren’t doing their job. Hire a brand new team of CTAs with this collection of 130+ Amazing CTAs. Click here to see this amazing collection that you can cut and paste to immediately improve your sales-closing ability
Affiliate marketing isn’t dead. The field isn’t even oversaturated. What you need to make it in affiliate marketing are the tools to help you stand out from the crowd. Those tools are above. It’s time for you to succeed beyond your wildest dreams! If the world needs what you have to sell, it’s only a matter of convincing your prospects why they should buy from you.
Is affiliate marketing dead? Tell that to millionaire affiliate marketer Rosalind Gardner.
Gardner makes $500k a year doing affiliate marketing. How about Rae “Sugarrae” Hoffman Dolan? She did it for over 20
How about John Chow? He owns about a dozen websites and three dozen domains. He started out with affiliate marketing and branched out to products to a number of other areas. His estimated net worth? Over 4 million dollars.
Then there’s Mark Ling who has generated over $100 million in internet sales. His programs and products are legendary, and it all started for him with affiliate marketing.
Is affiliate marketing dead? Not by a long shot. Looking for a way into a highly profitable career? Affiliate marketing is worth looking into.
I invite your comments and questions and your likes and shares.