Social media platforms have become a great leveler, allowing businesses of any size reach prospects and customers. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and other platforms are fantastic way to connect and interact with thousands of prospects to drive lead acquisition and sales.
Your social media presence is a duel threat – it can build your business or turn your best prospects against it. Become a social media superstar and you’ve got it made, but how do you arrive at this status?
First, it doesn’t happen overnight. Be patient, make the right moves, and you’ll build your social media presence. You might even have a viral post or two. But again, stay patient. There are very few overnight wonders.
My 10 Best Ideas for Building Your
Social Media Marketing
- Know your audience. Write and choose images that will connect with your ideal customer.
- Find your voice. How can you best communicate who you are and what your business is about. Some people are sassy, some people are more laid back. Some people are driven, some are methodical. Be the most interesting you that you can be.
- Be authentic. Be true to who you are. Being fake is a huge turnoff, and your audience can smell fake from a mile away. Authenticity means honesty and transparency, thoughtfulness, being real and realistic.
- Link to your own original content that is relevant to your audience and your business.
- Share excellent content from others that is relevant to your audience and your business. We’re not talking cat pictures here.
- Be responsive to your audience. For example, if someone comments, acknowledge their comment in some positive way, unless, of course, if they’re trolls. Be social on your social media channels!
- Appeal to emotions. Emotions drive interest and action.
- Go visual. Whether it’s arresting images or video, visual attracts eyeballs and supports engagement.
- Steal your competitor’s audience. Follow, like, and/or comment on something done by a follower or you competitor. It’s not sleazy to do so, and it is a way to build your follower base. Richard Lazazzera tried this with a local competitor and here are his results on Instagram:
Follow: 14% followback
Follow + Like: 22% followback
Follow + Like + Comment: 34% followback
- Provide a clear call to action. What do you want your readers to do? Click to a landing page or blog post? Ask for action. For example, if you want more social media followers, ask your readers to follow you!
What would you add to this?
I invite you to comment, like, or share this post. Connect with me on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Instagram, and Tumblr.