It’s no great secret – find hungry buyers and you’ll make sales and profits. The problem is finding the hungry buyers. How’s it done?
Robert Coorey literally wrote the book on finding hungry buyers, In his book, Feeding a Starving Crowd, Coorey offers over 200 ways to assist you in your hunt for hungry buyers (you can buy the Kindle edition of his book for $1 at Amazon). So, what’s the secret for finding hungry buyers?
Here’s the secret: they’re on social media and you don’t have to spend more than ten cents a click to find them. Many of Coorey’s strategies are free to use. While most marketers are focusing on the big three (Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter), as I’ve been showing you in my 12 tips posts, there are many other social media options available to you.
The title of this post is a variation on the title of Coorey’s book, and the inspiration for the book title came from Gary Halbert. Before his death, Halbert was known as the king of copywriting. Halbert was teaching a course on direct marketing when he asked his students this question:
“If you and I both owned a hamburger stand and we were in a contest to see who could sell the most hamburgers, what advantages would you most like to have on your side to help you win?”
His students threw out a number of different answers like quality meat, sesame seed buns, a prime location, and low prices. After all the answers from his students, Halbert said that he would give them all those advantages if he could have just one. With that one advantage he was convinced that he would easily beat them.
What was that one advantage? A starving crowd.
Five Tips For Finding Hungry Buyers
That’s what any business needs for success – customers who hunger for what that business has to sell. Coorey says, “Before you start marketing your product, look for the starving crowds. They are crucial for your online success.”
The problem is that most online marketers don’t know where to look or how to market to hungry buyers. Finding these buyers is crucial for your success. Here are some tips on how to find them:
- Choose a hot niche. The easiest way to make money is to sell something that people want (pretty simple, right?). If you have good products in a hot niche, it will be far easier to find hungry buyers than in a cold niche. What would you rather be selling right now – Pokemon Go products or Mario Brothers products? Right now, Pokemon Go is extremely hot. Match a good product with a hot niche and it’s hard not to make sales.
- Use Google Hot Trends to identify what’s hot. If you type in “products” as I just did you can follow that to find out what’s hot.
- Another Google tool can help at this point: the Google Keyword Planner inside Google Adwords. If you don’t have a Google Adwords account, you may need to sign up for one (there’s no charge for this). Under the Keyword Planner heading you’ll see “Find new keywords and get search volume data.” Put in your product, your landing page, and your product category and click “Get Ideas.” This will give you keywords and what size market there is for your product and how much competition is in that niche. This is very valuable information.
- Use Amazon Bestsellers to see their best sellers. I just did and the number two item was Harry Potter Gryffindor Tie Costume Accessory by Rubie’s. Think about it – Halloween is at the end of the month in the U.S. and this is likely a popular item for Halloween costumes. I found that same time at Alibaba, a wholesale site. If you want to sell a hot product on Amazon or ebay, here’s one for you (for a limited time).
- Understand what is your ideal buyers’ greatest problem, greatest pleasure, their pain points, core values, and cardinal beliefs. If your products or services align with any of these, you’ve got a potential hungry buyer.
What would you add to these five tips? I invite your comments and questions, likes and shares.