Growth hacking is a way that you can grow your business without spending massive amounts of cash doing so. The previous post explains what growth hacking is and the traits of a growth hacker. In this post, you’ll get 12 ways to grow your business using growth hacking.
12 Growth Hacking Tips For Your Business
- Read Sean Ellis’ original article on growth hacking here. Become your own growth hacker with the next 11 tips.
- “Sell your story, not your product.” This comes from Allan Berger of Blossom. Telling your story and why you created your products, or why you are promoting particular affiliate products is far more powerful than just pitching a product. Des Traynor of Intercom offers two questions to help you get clarity on your business story.
- What (other than making money) is the reason why you exist?
- How will the world be a better place if you succeed?
People don’t buy what you do; they buy why you do it.
- Set up your website as a blog and offer great content that demonstrates your expertise in your niche. At tonyseel.com, I offer content on many different aspects of marketing. My niche is advertising and marketing and my products help people like yourself create great advertising and marketing for their businesses.
- Optimize your website for search engines, conversions, customer retention, and email subscriber retention. Your website can be your showroom, your sales room, and so much more for your business.
- Get your content out to others through social media. Here’s help for doing this.
- Create an enticing lead magnet that your audience can receive in exchange for their email address. The money is still in the list, so build an email list to build your business.
- Use a drip campaign to convert your leads into buyers. You can find more information about drip campaigns here.
- Create great landing pages for your lead magnet and products. If you are an affiliate marketer, the vendors you’re working with will (hopefully) have high converting landing pages for their products and services.
- Use a content upgrade to incentivize sign-ups to your email list. Write a great post and then invite interested readers to sign up for your list so that they can receive your content upgrade and announcements for new content. Using this post as an example, a content upgrade could be 50 or 100 more tips for growth hacking.
- Offer incentives for feedback and product reviews. These incentives could be discounts on future purchases, prizes, you name it.
- Engage in communities like Quora, LinkedIn, and reddit that pertain to your niche. Contribute, interact, and build relationships to drive targeted traffic to your website.
- Use entry overlays to encourage website visitors to become email subscribers. You may have noticed the “Get My Free Report” entry overlay to this site, and you may have signed up as a subscriber through that entry overlay. Many sites use them because they are so effective.
What would you add to the 12 tips above? Please reply with your comments and questions, and your likes and shares.