With over 3 billion people using social media worldwide, there is no better time to use social media yourself, for marketing your business. Whether it’s Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube (yes, YouTube), Pinterest, Snapchat, or another platform, there are multiple ways to use social media for marketing.
Social media can provide some of the best targeted traffic available to your website and offers, but it can also be an incredibly inefficient means of advertising. For example, you can spend the minimum $5 a day on Facebook and come up with nothing day after stinking day (how depressing is that?). So, how do we break the social media code?
- Determine your best target audience. Who are they? What do they want from you? What value can you provide to them?
- Choose the best social media platform(s) to reach your best target audience. If you’re going to feature content, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Tumblr are great places to show off your expertise. If you want to use video, many platforms can support this, especially YouTube. Experiment to find the right marketing mix for your business.
- Write better attention-grabbing headlines. Easier said than done, right? This is where 80% of your potential customers leave you, which is why this is so important. If you fail here, you fail, period. Work at this – if you master writing great headlines there is a huge payoff. Learn all you can about writing great headlines (for help with this, click here).
- Share compelling and engaging content that is relevant for your audience and business. Compelling content grabs readers and induces them to take action. It is interesting, original, and builds a business relationship with your audience. Think quality over quantity. One viral posts beats several mediocre posts hands down.
- Update your social accounts regularly. 3-4 times a week is a good place to start. Along with your better headlines, make sure that your content is professionally presented and again, relevant to your audience. Valuable content will satisfy your followers and induce new followers to join your tribe.
- Engage with your followers. Engagement is what puts the social into social marketing. Done properly, engagement will speed up the process of your audience knowing, liking, and trusting you.
- Share trending posts that are targeted to your niche. Help your followers to stay on top of what’s going on in your industry or area of expertise. Not everything you post needs to be something you created.
- Track your results. What worked? What didn’t? Over time you’ll gain a good understanding of what speaks to your followers and what doesn’t. Do some days work better than others? Do some times work better for you? Track it all and build your own better practices standard.
There are your eight quick tips, now go out and kill it on social media! If you are looking for help in mastering social media for your business, this link will lead you to a great resource for this.
I welcome your comments and questions, and your likes and shares.