Today’s Throwback Thursday post returns from August 2014.
Affiliate marketing is the quickest, cheapest, and most efficient way to tap into the internet marketplace. Even those who create products cannot create enough products quickly enough to satisfy the demand of the two billion-plus people who surf the web. Even product creators do some affiliate marketing.
There are thousands of people trying to make a living or earn extra cash on the internet, but most are unsuccessful. Some dabble in eBay, some create products, others scratch their heads and wonder, “How can I tap into the billions of people and trillions of dollars that are available on the internet?”
Yes, billions and trillions. Are you scratching your head right now?
The people and profits are out there. The question is, how do you connect with them?
Affiliate marketing started on the internet in 1994, and Forester Research projects that affiliate marketing commissions will reach $3.4 billion this year and $4.5 billion by 2016. Would you like a piece of that pie?
7 Reasons to Become an Affiliate Marketer
Why become an affiliate marketer? Here are seven reasons:
- Because you can start part-time in your spare time and build into a full-time, lucrative business, or you can stay part-time and enjoy extra income without a full-time commitment.
- No need for expensive brick and mortar. With affiliate marketing, you don’t have to maintain a storefront or warehouse that steals money from your bottom line. You can work from home.
- With affiliate marketing, you can set your own hours and be your own boss. You can work as much or as little as you want. There are affiliate marketers who are now millionaires from a few hours of work a day.
- You can create a business that you love, not one that someone else has designed for you. Others will help you, but you are the person in charge who makes affiliate marketing what you want it to be for you!
- Affiliate marketing on the internet enables you to tap into the worldwide market of billions of people and trillions of dollars.
- With affiliate marketing you are not responsible for customer support – the person or company that you’re selling for has that responsibility.
- Affiliate marketing is really about helping others. If your motive is to manipulate people to create sales, please don’t become an affiliate marketer. On the other hand, if you can view affiliate marketing as a means to connect others with great products that will benefit them, then join the club!
Zig Ziglar, one of the greatest salesmen of all time once said, “You will get all you want in life if you help enough other people get what they want.” That’s the key that has unlocked fortunes in affiliate marketing.