A post on Warrior Forum, “Must you have a blog?” generated nearly 4,000 replies. The question is framed in terms of affiliate marketing, but the question is pertinent for many online businesses – is a blog essential for your online business success?
Dave O said, I don’t think a blog is necessary but it certainly can be helpful in building an audience or fan base.
I started with trying to build a blog about something I’m personally passionate about. After a few postings I realized that I had turned something I loved into work. I’ve killed off my blog and am now looking at other avenues.
icoachu replied, I tend to lean toward the MUST camp.
You do all sorts of branding online.
You do all sorts of things to get your message out there.
You need all the signals you send through links and content to have a BASE.
Your blog is the BASE of your brand.
16 Reasons Why You Need a Business Blog
- 77% of Internet users read blogs. Isn’t that a good enough reason to have one? Your blog is a great way to establish your authority in your niche. With your blog, you can establish your expertise and build trust with your audience. Your quality original content that delivers valuable information to your audience will grow your audience and strengthen your business.
- 79% of online shoppers spend 50% of their shopping time researching products online. Wouldn’t your blog be a fantastic place for people to research products in your niche? Reviews can be a lucrative way to profit from affiliate marketing.
- 51% of blog readers shop online. If you want to reach buyers, blogging is a proven way.
- 45% of marketers say blogging is the #1 most important piece of their content strategy. Yes, there are other ways to do business on the internet, but for many of us, this is how we build our traffic, leads, and sales.
- 25% of marketers report that their company blog is “critical” to their business (I’m one of them).
- 81% of businesses reported that their company blog is useful to critical for their business.
- Companies that blog get 55% more website visitors, 97% more inbound links, and 434% more indexed pages.
- 69% of businesses attribute their lead generation success to blogging.
- B2B marketers who use blogs generate 67% more leads per month than those who do not.
- B2C companies that blog generate 88% more leads per month than those that do not.
- 89% of companies think blogs will be more important in the next five years. If you’re not blogging, you may ask yourself what they know that you don’t know.
- This is one thing they believe: 56% of bloggers who maintain blogs for
a businesssay that their blog has helped their company establish a position as a thought leader in the industry.
- Internet users in the US spend 3x more time on blogs than they do on email. If your target
areU.S. buyers, blogging is a great way to reach them.
- 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog. Again, wouldn’t it be fantastic if the blog they visit is your blog?
- 346 million people read blogs throughout the world. Americans aren’t the only ones who read blogs – adding a blog to your website attracts many readers from other countries too.
- On average, Google gets over 100 billion searches a month. Additionally, more than half of those searches are coming from mobile devices. How much of that traffic that your blog receives depends on your blogging and your SEO. Start with great content before looking to amp up your SEO.
10 Tips For Maximum Impact From Blogging
1. On average, compounding blog posts
2. Once you write 21-54 blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 30%. FYI, this site has over 400 blog posts.
3. Once you write 52 or more blog posts, blog traffic generation increases by up to 77%.
4. 94% of people who share posts do so because they think it might be helpful to others. When you create valuable content, shares will build your audience.
5. B2B companies that blog more than 4 times a week see the biggest increase in traffic and leads. In 2015, 66% of bloggers reported blogging daily. 70% of marketers indicate that they blog at least weekly.
6. Use images – blog articles with images get 94% more views, so definitely use images with your blog posts.
7. Use video -the average person watches 182 online videos per month. By including video content in your blog, you can greatly increase your website traffic.
8. The average word count of top-ranking content (in Google) is between 1,140-1,285 words. If you want to rank highest on Google, create long copy blog posts.
9. Once a site has over 300 indexed pages, traffic generation increases by 236%. Blogs greatly increase the number of indexed pages a site has.
10. Want to increase your website visitors? Buying paid advertising to promote your new blog content is one way to build your traffic.
As always, I welcome your comments and questions, and your likes and shares.