Blogging can be fun, blogging can be profitable, and blogging can be both. If you’re interested in turning your blog into a profit-making machine, here are 12 tips to help you do that.
12 Tips for Monetizing Your Blog
- Begin by choosing a profitable niche. Find the key demographics for your niche, and write for your target audience.
- Grow your audience by creating high-quality content that offers value and connects with your target audience. Pinterest and Buzzsumo are two places where you can find what people are interested in – use them as search engines for topics that will score well with other search engines.
- Publish valuable, relevant, and engaging content for your target audience frequently, and optimize your content for search engines. Infrequent posting or non-optimized content will hurt your SEO and make it more difficult for your target audience to find you.
- Drive traffic to your blog. Social media is a great and inexpensive (or free) way to do this. Here’s an oldie but goody image on how social media works for your blog (picasa is no more – Google killed and replaced it).
- Use your blog to build an email list. Your email list will drive your profits since most buying happens after a number of “touches.”
- Start monetizing your blog with affiliate products that are relevant to your target audience. Affiliate marketing is the easiest entry point into online marketing. Only promote products that are relevant to your target audience – anything else will come across as spam and will result in multiple unsubscribing from your email list.
- Create and sell your own products once you understand what your target audience is interested in and build great landing pages and sales pages for your products.
- Sell services – what area of expertise do you have that others would pay you to do for them?
- Write ebooks for Kindle distribution. Kindle is a huge marketplace and when you put your book on Kindle, your exposure can skyrocket your sales and profits.
- Sell PLR products. PLR stands for private label rights. PLR licenses you to put your name on products that others have created.
- Build a marketing funnel of your own or other people’s products. Here’s what this looks like:
- Become a freelancer. Do your skills and expertise translate into freelancing? They do if you your expertise is in SEO, copywriting, graphic design,